There’s only five days left to apply for the 2015 VSA International Young Soloists Award. Check out these tips before submitting your application.
Five Tips for Submitting a good International Young Soloists Competition Application
1. Upload high quality, live recordings. Professional recordings are not necessary. Video recordings are recommended but not required. If you are using accompaniment, it should be live and not pre-recorded.
2. Submit pieces that showcase your proficiency as a musician. Please choose selections focusing on your primary instrument regardless of whether you play multiple instruments.
3. Variety is encouraged. We encourage you to submit selections by different composers showcasing facility with different styles or eras of music.
4. This award is for excellence in performance, not songwriting or composition. Original compositions may be submitted, but will not augment your score. Select pieces that showcase your technical skill, artistry, and musicianship as a performer.
5. Carefully review all elements of your application before submission. Applicants will not be notified if components of their application are missing. Consult the application guidelines to ensure you have included all the required information.
You can find more information about the 2015 VSA International Young Soloists Competition at http://www.kennedy-center.org/education/vsa/programs/soloists_award.cfm. Application materials should be submitted no later than March 16, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Questions about the International Young Soloists Program can be sent to Elizabeth Miller at email@example.com.