The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts’ Office of VSA and Accessibility is seeking a social media contractor to manager our two Twitter accounts, two Instagram accounts, two Facebook accounts, Youtube account and Pinterest account. The purpose of our social media accounts are to highlight insightful trends, topical issues and best practices in special education/arts education and cultural institution accessibly, while also highlighting work we are doing in our office and through our yearly conferences.
The contract will be for one year period, starting with the December 1, 2018. Work may be completed remotely.
Social Media Contractor tasks:
- Develop overall social media strategy, editorial colander and manage the office of VSA and Accessibility’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest
- Write fresh, engaging content, getting to know the communities on each platform
- Develop and publish content (posts, tweets, etc.) across channels
- Monitor, evaluate and report on engagement, impact, and performance of social media campaigns across various platforms/channels
- Help with digital content development
- Report to the Assistant Manager of VSA Membership
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience in social media
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience writing and editing
- Passion for digital/social media and learning
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of special education/arts education and cultural institution accessibly preferred
- Strong understanding of web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Understanding of writing in people first language
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States
Please send the following to email@example.com by November 6, 2018.
- Cost estimate for the entire project
- Sample post for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with image description